Monday, November 28, 2011

A-Bomb Poems

Dear poems' lover,
Here are some touching poems about Hiroshima you might like.
All of these poems are made from toddler under 5 years old!

1. An Atomic Bomb

When an atomic bomb falls
Day become night
And people become ghost

by : Hatsumi Sakamoto (3 years old back then)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2. My Daddy

Hiroshima, lively city

Daddy, died there
Daddy, gone, with the atomic cloud
Daddy, who died at the castle
Daddy, who I lost when I was little
Daddy, whose face I don't even know
Daddy, who I would love to see, even once in a dream
Daddy, I want to call him, and to hold him

If not for the, Daddy would have lived
He would have stayed in our home
And the bicycle my brother wants
He would have bought

by : Yoshiko Kakita (2 years old back then)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3.(untitled)

My little sister Yoshiko
In bed with bad burns
Asked for tomato.
While Mummy was out
Buying out
Yoshiko died.

"With nothing but potatoes*,
We killed you,
Didn't we." Mummy said and cried.
I cried, too.
Everyone cried.

*potatoes mean sweet potato
by : Tomoko Sato (5 years old back then)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

4. My Younger Brother

Trapped among collapsed wooden boards,
My younger brother was groaning,
Then he begged for water, saying, "Water please! Water!"
I said, "I don't want to go into our broken-down house".
He became silent and.. past away.
If only I had gotten water for him!


These great poems are made by the testimonies who was under 5 years old back then. It was hard for them, losing their family.

MORE THAN 140,000 PEOPLE DIED
LET'S FACE IT!
NO NUCLEAR, NO BOMB, NO WAR!!


~Mentari

No comments:

Post a Comment